Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: CT Technologist II
Location: LA-Ruston (Shreveport region)
CT technologists utilize computerized tomography (CT) scanners to produce cross-section images of patients' internal organs and tissues for the diagnosis of medical issues. A CT scan technician must be able to accurately interpret a physician's scanning instructions, administer contrast materials, prepare and operate the CT scan equipment and position the patient to capture the appropriate images. CT scanners emit radiation, which can be harmful for the technologist and patient if proper safety procedures are not followed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create and maintain a 5-star service environment and excellent patient care
- Comply with organization, department and regulatory standards.
- Perform CT scans and Radiology exams
- CT Call Required
- Perform venipuncture
- Process CT scans
- Maintain CT equipment
- Maintain work area
Satisfactory completion of a two-year formal radiological training program from approved school.
Experience 2-5 yrs CT registered technologist is preferred
Invasive Procedures (to include Biopsies , Drainage)
Meditech and Carestream PACS�experience�preferred
- Current licensure as a Radiology Tech (ARRT) Required
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services Required
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers - CPR certification required (BLC class provided upon hire)
Primary Locaiton: LA-Ruston (Shreveport region)
Organization: Northern Louisiana Medical Center