Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Job ID #:5767 Location:LA-HAUGHTON
Functional Area:Misc./Trades Position Type:Full Time
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years Relocation Provided:No
Education Required:High School Diploma
RC/Department:5941 -KM INTRASTATE KHFS OPERATIONS :KMTX
Under close supervision, performs unskilled maintenance and/or construction of the pipeline, the right-of-way and grounds around pipeline or other facilities. Is trained in operating and/or monitoring station/terminal equipment through manipulation of station/terminal central control panel to control movement of product into, out of, and with terminal. Typically requires more than three years of Natural Gas Gathering Pipeline and Facility operational experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Comes to work promptly and regularly.
2. Takes direction from supervisors well.
3. Works well with others.
4. Works well under the stress of deadlines.
5. Concentrates well on tasks.
6. Accurately completes tasks.
7. May perform maintenance and/or construction of the pipeline, the right of way and ground around pipeline or other facilities.
8. The system operator is trained in operating and or monitoring the equipment through manipulation of terminal/station central control panels to control movement of product into, out of and through terminals.
9. Responsible for the operation of natural gas pipelines including operations of gas dehydration, compression and treating facilities.
10. Operating internal combustion engines to transmit compress or recover gases, such as natural gas in various processes.
11. Performing minor repairs on equipment, according to type of gas compressed or recovered.
12. Operating equipment to control transmission of natural gas through pipelines.
13. Moving controls and turns valves to start compressor engines, pumps and auxiliary equipment.
14. Operating equipment to control transmission of natural gas through pipelines.
15. Observing operation of equipment to detect malfunctions.
16. Monitoring meters, gauges and recoding instrument charts to ensure specified temperature, pressure and flow of gas through system.
17. Conducting chemical tests to evaluate quality of gas.
18. Recording instrument readings and operational changes in operating log.
19. Performing minor repairs on equipment using hand tools.
20. Operating or tends equipment to purify gas.
21. Operating and monitoring the related activities includes safely driving to field location and sites, and is essential to the role.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Additional functions of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Performs other tasks that may be assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Capable of climbing stairs, ladders and working various equipment during production and drilling operations.
2. Basic computer skills
3. Experience with AMINE treatment, gas processing or glycol treatment required.
4. A basic understanding of pipeline and compressor stations layout, operations, machines and maintenance is preferred.
5. Experience in operations of natural gas pipelines including operations of gas dehydration, compression and treating facilities.
6. Proactive individual with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
7. A safe driving record, along with the ability to safely operate heavy machinery, vehicles, or equipment as needed is required.
8. Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s) and lead personnel, focus attention on details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: The minimum training and experience needed for this position include the following:
1. Three or more years of experience Natural Gas Gathering Pipeline and Facility operational experience.
2. Previous oilfield and lease operator or pumper experience in working at an E&P Operating company.
3. High school degree or equivalent is required.