Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Electrical Engineer
Location: United States-Louisiana-Hahnville
Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical Engineer with our Chemical Plant located in Hahnville, LA.
Essential Job Duties:
* Develop, manage, and participate in programs, methods, systems and practices for maintaining a safe work environment.
* Develop the required human resources capability for achieving the required Taft Plant Maintenance goals.
* Monitor equipment performance and make recommendations to improve reliability and reduce cost.
* Provide cost estimating and engineering proposals on routine replacement of equipment to correct maintenance problems or for the improvement of processing equipment. Supervise the installation of such equipment.
* Provide technical support to production and maintenance organizations throughout the plant to evaluate and resolve maintenance problems.
* Provide training to production, maintenance, and other departments in the proper operation and care of equipment in area of expertise. Develop the necessary training as required.
* Keep current on new technology and equipment and evaluate same for use in plant.
* Attend technical meetings and seminars to maintain and improve skills as related to their discipline and areas of maintenance management.
* Consults with contractors, OCC maintenance and outside service groups on capital and maintenance projects.
* Evaluates, designs, and recommends, changes in maintenance activities to increase reliability of existing equipment, reduce repair costs, and minimize product interruptions.
* Develops, implements, and evaluates preventive maintenance programs.
* Establishes testing and calibration procedures for required equipment.
* Recommends, establishes, and updates spare parts requirements for existing equipment.
* Assists other maintenance engineers on special projects of a non-routine basis.
* Prepares equipment specifications and purchase requests.
* Maintains equipment repair records and logs – evaluates repair costs and trends.
* Develops outages for major repair work equipment.
* Designs systems or improves design of existing systems to reduce repair and downtime.
* Provides design and cost estimates for capital projects.
* Assists in training of hourly personnel in repair techniques.
* Prepares capital appropriations for maintenance related projects.
* Advises plant engineering on specifications and layout of equipment on capital projects.
* Assists in troubleshooting techniques for major/repetitive equipment.
* Maintains all appropriate engineering drawings, files, and specifications as required.
* Consults with Corporate Engineering on special maintenance and/or capital projects.
* Instructs operations personnel of operation and control of equipment.
* Assure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations and operating permits. Also, promote all environmental policies and procedures, including OxyMin, Environmental Program Management, and the Environmental Procedures Manual.
* Participates and accepts responsibility for meeting plant and individual PSM goals and monthly spreadsheet responsibilities.
* Actively participates in plant’s Health, Environmental, Safety and Security (HESS) programs to assure a safe and environmentally sound workplace.
* Assumes accountability for meeting plant safety goals and various other requirements including training, work permits, critical items inspections, job observations, housekeeping, reporting hazards and issues, and working safely in job assignments.
* Actively participates in safety meetings and various other HESS programs while promoting safety through offering recommendations to other employees on working safely.
* BS Degree in Electrical Engineering.
* Previous Electrical Engineering Experience in a Manufacturing Environment preferred.
Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V